Powerpoint can quickly turn into Powerpointlessness if not used correctly. Check out these 5 quick and easy presentation applications.
1. Prezi Make your presentations pan and zoom with this online application. Import media, collaborate, and present online and offline. Mobile App also available.
2. Animoto Create stunning video slideshows. Turn your photos, video clips, and music into stunning video masterpieces to share with everyone. Fast, free, and shockingly easy!
3. Xtranormal Go viral in style with this online application that allows you to make animated movies within minutes.
4. Voicethread is a collaborative, multimedia slide show that holds images, documents, and videos and allows people to navigate slides and leave comments in 5 ways – using voice (with a mic or telephone), text, audio file, or video (via a webcam). Share a VoiceThread with friends, students, and colleagues for them to record comments too.
5. Glogster Combine images, video, music, photos and audio to create mulitmedia pages. Embed into any webpage.
If you must use powerpoint, please try this!
Here is the short presentation/discussion guide I will use at Balfour and Winston Knoll for the November 10th PD day:
Winston Knoll Collegiate teacher Jolene Sentes has developed a Google form that makes student tracking and monitoring in her noon-hour homework room a non-issue. When a student has an outstanding assignment or needs to make up for a missed quiz or exam, his/her classroom teacher or parent
quickly fills out and submits a Google Form, which is available on the Winston Knoll website. This information is then neatly gathered on a Google Spreadsheet and sent to Jolene who takes the appropriate steps in overseeing completion of assignments, test, and exams.
According to Jolene, the form is working quite well. She had this to say in a recent email to me:
I just wanted to send you an email to say, Thank You so much for helping
me! I am using the Igo everyday and it is working! Referrals are coming
in! It is allowing us to see the validity of the program as well as
easily track and monitor! I was able to provide concrete evidence to
staff about the homework and I am creating documents to allow me to
track information! Your help has helped me broaden my own learning and
excites me to help others to use this technology to further help
Great Job, Jolene!!!
You too can use Google Forms. In fact, you have access to the entire Google Docs suite through your iGo Account.
Links to examples: