Powerpoint can quickly turn into Powerpointlessness if not used correctly. Check out these 5 quick and easy presentation applications.
1. Prezi Make your presentations pan and zoom with this online application. Import media, collaborate, and present online and offline. Mobile App also available.
2. Animoto Create stunning video slideshows. Turn your photos, video clips, and music into stunning video masterpieces to share with everyone. Fast, free, and shockingly easy!
3. Xtranormal Go viral in style with this online application that allows you to make animated movies within minutes.
4. Voicethread is a collaborative, multimedia slide show that holds images, documents, and videos and allows people to navigate slides and leave comments in 5 ways – using voice (with a mic or telephone), text, audio file, or video (via a webcam). Share a VoiceThread with friends, students, and colleagues for them to record comments too.
5. Glogster Combine images, video, music, photos and audio to create mulitmedia pages. Embed into any webpage.
If you must use powerpoint, please try this!
Take a few minutes to watch Matt’s animated movie on fractions in the real world! Matt and his fellow grade nine classmates were asked to think about the value and importance of having knowledge and skills related to fractions. The students were then charged with the task of writing a persuasive script involving two characters, and then using Xtranormal.com to create a short movie.Literacy, technology, critical thinking, and numeracy all rolled into one for this learning experience!
Impressive job, Matt. Thanks for sharing your work with the world!
By the way, did you know grade nines at Balfour Collegiate also did an Xtranormal project involving Exponents? They were even featured on the Xtranormal blog. All the “power” to them!